Saturday, June 14, 2014

 My Experience of Babby Stacks Café  

Not sure how to start nor do I know where I should begin so, I will have to start by saying this is the result of a Facebook post that a good friend posted that was a result of a breakfast venue that took place a few weeks back. The place of topic was the Babby Stacks Café. Now, I know that this will be my own meandering thoughts regarding an experience that I encountered this morning. When I first took notice I looked up this café on the web and found that they have good reviews and most of which is towards their Red Velvet pancakes. Their menu for “best seller” RED VELVET pancakes are topped with fresh whipped cream and chocolate crumbs, served with cream cheese syrup. Now, I do need to note that this is my first time being at Babby Stacks Café and thus I being sound with an open mind wanted to take a chance and try this café out. Upon entering you are greeted with an open atmosphere with a bright ambiance tone, the host was pleasant upon entering and acknowledged all who enter with a warm greeting along with a polite smile. While being seated I noticed that the café was packed with patrons which is always a good indicator of how much people enjoy any establishment.

Well, enough of the small talk and let me get down to the heart of this or should it be more of what my honest thoughts might conjure up form what transpired. My wife and I took a look at the menu and since we were there for the pancake part of this, my wife went on to order the lemon ricotta pancakes and I being who I am wanted to try what everyone has been boasting about ended up ordering their “best seller” RED VELVET pancakes. This is where I need to remind those reading this, that I tend to be a little critical of what it is I eat.

When server introduced our order I noticed that my Red Velvet pancakes were a vibrant bright red color with all the toppings mentioned on the menu. This is where I have to say sorry to those having been there and like what they have ordered. The very first thing I noticed is that the pancake was a bit on the thin side and what seemed to me as if it were more of a crape that went wrong during the poring process. The pancake itself was nothing to boast about and so I shrugged it off and dug in. At the first look, I noticed that the pancake was extremely thin and was a bit dry due to the thickness. When I took a bite, my assumptions were duly noted as my pallet confirmed what it was that I placed in my mouth. The first bite brought to me the taste of a butter milk pancake drowning in red die No.9 with a burnt chocolate after taste and no smell of a freshly cooked red velvet aroma. The cream cheese syrup was more of a welcome to what I would refer to as a bad over developed crape. The aftermath of this experience has left a red die No. 9 taste with an urge to go home and make a real red velvet pancake with the same toppings so as to deliver it to the Babby Staks Café for them to try.

  My wife’s dish was a bit like the same as to it being more of an over developed crepe with a fresh lemon smell due to she ended up squeezing two slices of fresh lemon juice all over her over developed buttermilk crepe in which was refreshing and had a more pleasant smell than mine.  So, for the end result and for the quality one gets at the price being offered one can do better by asking their under developed home cook to make them a pancake breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment