Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BOC Wk 10: Getting Fired

It was in 1993 at a business called, Earth in Upheaval. I was hired for highend detailing of the customers cars. The cost of one detale started from $ 300.50 - $700.00 per car. Mind you, this is bases on both racial discrimination and what I said. Ifrst of all I enjoyed working there despite the owner. We still do not like eachother even to this present day. It all started one summer, as four of us, this included the owner as well as two micanics and my self, we were pushing a car in to the shop. I was asked a question from the owner, and he said, “Hey Kevin, are you jewish?” My reply was f--- no, I am German.  The owner stopped and stood erect and walked back in to the shop. All the micanics heard what I said, and one cameover and stated that, “I can’t believe you just said that,”  Their was a coowner who also worked as the leat micaninc and, he walked out to me and reminided me of why the owner reacted the way he did. He stated to me, “he was a llittle by when he was pursicuted and branded for being a Jew by the German SS.”
In my defence, I replied that I was not the one who branded him, and that just beacause he only hires Jewish workers that does not give him the right to attack me on where I was borne. There was one insident when he was on the phone with a customer, and they were yelling at each other over the phone. I was standing in front of his desk, and  he had a wrench in his hand and he threw it  on his desk and it ended up bouncing about five feet in the air. As it was in the air, I said to him staring straight at him and said, “you better hope that does not hit me, I will throw it back at you if it does.” The entire shop went silent as the wrench just missed my face by two inches. He had the gull to ask me to pick up the wrench and hand it to him. In my discuss I stated, “you threw it you pick it up.” I then proceded out of the shop and went back to detailing a customers car who in return saw the whole thing and gave me a $250.00 tip for an intreging intertainment moment.
Since that time,  we were on talking terms of work only and what was needed done and that was it. Around a month later, he asked me what I do besides working here, and I stated that I do car detailing on the weekends. A month or so went by and he came out side and fired me due to I was German and that I was working for my self as well. I ended up getting even with him by reporting him to a friend of mine who investigated illegal dumping of toxi chemicles. My former employer ended up getting a very huge fine for dumping automotive chemicles into the near by creek that has a constent flow of water. In the end I have not regret except for I was young, and I should have reported him to the California Labor Commissions Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment